Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My dwarf gardenia looks burnt up. Is there anything I can do to save it.?

First, make sure you don't have it planted in an area that is getting too much sun. If it is supposed to have full sun %26amp; you live in a hot climate it may only need the morning sun. Also, don't water it during the day when the sun is blazing down. Plants can get sunburns too. It's best to water first thing in the morning and as the sun is starting to go down. You don't want to water too much as it is getting dark though as this is when mold could start growing. Hope this helped.

My dwarf gardenia looks burnt up. Is there anything I can do to save it.?
Gardenias love full sun. It obviously isn't getting enough water. I would check the soil quality. Make sure its dark, and retains moisture. How long has the plant been in the ground?


How hot does it get? If it is recently planted, I would replant it using a combo of Miracle Grow Garden Soil mixed with Soil Conditioner, 50/50, to help it retain moisture, and cover with 2 inches of mulch.
Reply:Trim any bad leaves or dead bits of. Water and make sure it's not in a windy place.


No comments:

Post a Comment