Monday, May 17, 2010

What is the best time to transplant Gardenias?

I have a Gardenia which has outgrown it's pot. When can I transplant it safely into the ground? I live in Zone 9 and we are still kind of hot.

What is the best time to transplant Gardenias?
I also live in zone 9. The best time to transplant a Gardenia is in the fall after a cold front has passed and the high temperature is below 80. Do it in the evening right before the sun sets and water it well. I normally use miracle grow until I see new growth. It will bloom in late winter or early spring. Keep in mind gardenias like the sun. I plant mine where they receive half full sun and half partial sun. They do great. Good luck!
Reply:you could put it in the ground any time , it should be out doors so no problem with it taking the heat I have a Gardenia tree and also live in Zone 9 San Antonio I intend to keep mine in a pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment