Monday, May 11, 2009

My gardenia is turning yellow, what gives?

I bought a small Gardenia from the grocery store. It was getting too big for the pot so in December I planted it in the ground, I live in Florida Zone 9, almost zone 10. It's been doing fine, had many blossoms on it, was looking wonderful. Now it's looking very barren looking and the leaves are turning yellow when Spring is coming and it should be happy. Help!!!!!!

My gardenia is turning yellow, what gives?
It's a gardenia thing. Epsom salts around the drip line adds acid as do coffee grounds and/or tea bags (used). They like a shot of Miraclegro too. Coperas (expensive fertilizer) adds iron - rusty nails poked into the soil do the same more cheaply.
Reply:try giving it some mer-acid i know they like acid in the soil


No comments:

Post a Comment