Monday, May 11, 2009

How can i distillate the gardenia flower to get the scent?

what things do i nid? what should i do? or what would i nid to have?what kind of distillation? answers please!

How can i distillate the gardenia flower to get the scent?
Evidently this is a very complex process and takes a vast amount of blooms to yield one small drop of essential oil. The distillery mechanism looks much like a "still" the kind that you see on old movies about making moonshine. Have you seen the movie "Perfume" - its really great. I highly recommend it given your interests. I too wanted distillates of some flowers and herbs but have given up on the idea due to the costs and scale of the operation. Gardenias are my favorite flower and that scent is heavenly. If you do find a cost effective, small scale way please let me know too.


Edit:There is a good site for creating flower waters (not distillates or oil) but I think I might try this instead: http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/form_floral...


No comments:

Post a Comment