Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I am having a gardenia bush planted this week. What do I feed it and how often to water?

Have had several small indoor gardenias, but never had much luck with them. Gardenia is my favorite flower, and would love this bush to thrive. I live in central Florida.

I am having a gardenia bush planted this week. What do I feed it and how often to water?
Hi, I live in Southern California, and have a Gardenia that my Dad planted many years ago. It is facing north,but I feel needs a little more sun.(It's up against the wall) I water it every few days when it's hot outside,like now. I know they like acidic food and soil so I would make sure whoever is planting yours to get a big bag of Azalea planting mix to plant it into.(mix into the soil) Than get some Quick Start for acid loving plants, and use it. That prevents transplant shock. Use fertiliser for acid loving plants in the spring,late summer,and middle of fall. That's what I do,the plant my Dad planted is 28 years old. Wow ! I didn't know it was that old! How time goes. Bye


No comments:

Post a Comment