Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How to care for flower gardenia plant?

I have had a flower gardenia plant for two years it is healthy


although it will not bloom. should i plant it outside this summer?

How to care for flower gardenia plant?
Gardenias don't like to be enclosed or planted next to walls. I have 3. One was in a pot and the other two I put in the garden in a shady area (they like shade). The two in the garden grew a lot and flowered continuously for about 3 months. The one in the pot was doing nothing. I decided to put it in the garden as well and had a few blooms from it before the season was over.


Gardenias like humidity, but not a lot of heat. Some are fairly hardy against the cold. Where I live it never goes below 50 degrees farenheit so not sure how low a temperature they can tolerate but probably as low as the freezing point. They usually start blooming in spring.

Teeth Cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment